Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday with Friends

This morning, I went to the girl's house: Kara, Mary Jo, Rung and Fone to have breakfast at 7:00 am.  Mary Jo made pumpkin rolls.  (It was like cinnamon rolls except they were made with pumpkin.). They were delicious!  Blaa, Betsy, Kristen and Palmy were there as well.  It was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls early this morning.  

After breakfast, Sophie and I played together until lunch time.  We read 16 books, put a puzzle together and talked.  She is so much fun.  

Ying came and picked me up for lunch.  She has a driver's license now so we were in a car.  I had lunch with her and Guy at their house.  They will celebrate their second anniversary this month on the 17th.  Ying had made a curry dish and a Thai omelet for us for lunch.  She is really a good cook!! I want to get her recipes. She made an apple pie for dessert that was delicious!!  I need to get her to show me how to make an apple pie; I don't know how to make one.  

Ying and Guy are expecting their first baby on April 16.  They want it to be a surprise so they are not going to find out whether it is a boy or girl ahead of time. I am looking forward to meeting this new baby the next time I come.

After lunch, I had a short rest and then Sophie and I played for a little while before dinner.  Sherry and Sophie walked me over to the Alward's: Gary, Robin, Robert, Ellie, John and Becca.  Robin cooked a wonderful dinner of lasagna, salad and bread.  It was fun catching up with them.  Robert, Ellie and I talked about books we like to read. 

I had so much fun getting to see everyone today.  My time in Khon Kaen is coming to a close and I am going to miss everyone.

  

No comments: