Friday, November 06, 2009

I Don't Ever Want to Get on Another Bus Again

This morning we had breakfast at May's house with her Mom and then the four of us went to Doi Luang Forest where we hiked about 1 1/2 miles round trip.  It was pretty much straight up a mountain.  It was well worth the hike because we saw the Pu Kaeng Waterfalls.  There were nine waterfalls in total.  It was suwai (beautiful).  

We then went to the small town they live in and had lunch.  I had red pork and rice.  It was good.  

After lunch, we came to the house to have a rest since we are riding the bus overnight back to Khon Kaen.

After a 12 hour bus ride, we made it back to Khon Kaen.  The first thing I did was post the earlier blog post since it had been a while since I posted.  Then I took a nice long shower.  I can't thank the Lewis' enough for letting me stay with them the first part of my time in Khon Kaen.  And Sherry had hot coffee for me each morning... what a blessing!  

I hope I never have to ride a bus again that is over two hours.  I'm glad I am staying put for a while in Khon Kaen.  Chiang Rai was beautiful.  The next several days is filled with spending time with all my friends here.   

No comments: