I had breakfast with Sherry, Blaa, and Sophie this morning. Sherry made delicious French toast for us and we had fresh fruit too.)
Some of the morning was spent saying goodbye to friends I will not see for three years. So many things will happen during those years apart. The kids will change the most.
Blaa took me to the airport to catch an early afternoon flight to Bangkok. Saying goodbye in Khon Kaen today was harder than it has been in the past.
Julie picked me up in Bangkok and took me to get some lunch. I don't know why but I chose McDonald's. I ordered the Samari pork burger combo. It was good. Everything else on the McDonald's menu is the same as the states.
After lunch, we shopped for fabric and then headed back to the house. The Montenegros were in Bangkok so they came over for dinner and I was able to tell them goodbye. I was glad to see them one last time. Julie cooked a wonderful meal of Fiesta chicken, rice, and salad. I'm definitely not going to shrivel up and die in Thailand.
It has been a day of great emotion. Saying goodbye to those I love in Khon Kaen and saying hello to those I love in Bangkok.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment