Sunday, November 08, 2009

A Sunday of Worship

This morning, Git picked me up from the Lewis' and I had breakfast with the Montenegro's: Moe, Git, Sam and Rae.  I loved getting to spend time with them this morning.  Breakfast was delicious.  We had Thai noodle soup.    

Later on, I went to church at their new church building.  It was wonderful.  God has really blessed the church with it's new facility which is used all the time to reach out to students and the community.  Although I cannot sing in Thai, it was wonderful to be a part of the worship.  I may not be able to sing with words from my mouth but I could sing with my heart and clap along. 

Moe taught this morning, and he gave me a copy in English to follow along with what he was teaching from 1 Peter.

My heart is continually encouraged by seeing Thais I met 5 years ago that are continuing to grow in their faith.  

I had lunch at church which was stir fried vegetables, red curry chicken and rice.  It was
really good!!  I know I keep talking about the food but it really is good.  I also paid about 50 cents for lunch.  I can't do that with the "Lunch Bunch" on Sundays in Alabama.

This afternoon, I rested for a little while and then went to Waffle night at the Hunt's: John, Melody, Megan, John Mark, Joseph, Josh and Mandy.  On Sunday nights the Hunt's have waffle night.  I was excited about getting to take part in the family tradition!  Melody made homemade maple syrup!! Yummy!!  She also made sure I had plenty of butter.  I couldn't believe how much the kids have grown since I saw them in 2007.  

One of the reasons I love coming to Thailand again and again is that everyone makes me feel like family when I am here.        

No comments: