I slept in this morning until 8:00. I spent the first part of the morning engaged in coloring fun in a Hello Kitty coloring book with Sarah (5 1/2) We did word finds, mazes, dot to dot and drawing. Julie cooked a good ole American breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Yummy! Grace (2) was determined to get as much bacon as possible.
After breakfast, I worked on a quilting project while the kids did crafts before school.
For lunch, we had yummy Thai food: red curry chicken, stir-fried vegetables, and rice. It was all so delicious!!
During the afternoon and evening, I hung out with Heather, Drew, Jake and Mimi. It was fun being a part of their daily lives. After school activities, we had dinner and then we went back to their house to have some more fun. While the boys did homework with Mom, Mimi (5) and I did crafts and colored. I think every adult should get to color at least once a year. Mimi made me feel quite at home by sharing with me. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with Heather today.
I came back to Julie's about 8:30, and after listening to the kid's bedtime story. Julie put them to bed and she and I began working on a quilting project for some young girls. Needless to say it was well after midnight before we finished cutting everything out. It was so much fun staying up late and talking with her while we worked on the project.
Now, I'm going to sleep.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment