After climbing, I came back to the Hamby's and took a shower. My hands hurt from gripping my shampoo bottle. Rock climbing really was a great workout. What I liked best was that it was something to do and you didn't feel like you were exercising. It really strengthens your body.
Michelle made a wonderful lunch and then I went to Ponto do Acai with Priscila, Nathalia, Gaby, Fabiana and Renata to try Acai for the first time. Muito Bem!! It is like an Acai sorbet/ice cream/sherbet kind of dish and it had strawberries, mango and kiwi on top with banana, granola and a strawberry syrup on the side that you add as you please. It was really good and I loved hanging out with the girls. They are so much fun and we talked a lot about missions and other cultures. I wish I had more time to hang out with the girls. Nathalia and Gabby made me some Brazilian recipe cards. I was so touched that they made and gave me recipe cards that were Brazilian dishes. Renata's family owns a coffee plantation/company and she gave me some coffee that her family produces. I was so touched by these young women's hearts for God. I am looking forward to come back in a couple of years and see what God has done in and through their lives.
After hanging out with the girls in the afternoon, it was off to Vivi and Raul's for another cooking class. This cooking class was with the professionals (the women that work). We made Chicken Piccata and Fettuccine Alfredo. Dani and Luiza did a lot of the prep work; cutting up ingredients, grating Parmesan cheese, squeezing lemons, etc. There were 9 ladies who came: Vivi, Luiza, Daniela (Dani), Junia, Arabella, Claudia, Debra, Diana and Camila. We cooked everything in two batches and Camila cooked the second batch of Fettuccine and Chicken Piccata. She did a fantastic job! We had a great time and I think everyone enjoyed the food. Raul liked the food also.
After we cleaned up Vivi's kitchen, Dani and Camila brought me back to the Hamby's.
My average bed time is basically midnight and it was the same last night as well. I did begin packing up my stuff and that kept me up.
This morning (Wednesday), I went to Pao & Companhia for breakfast with Michelle, Vivi, Camila, Monick and her baby Marina. I talked with Camila and Monick for a long time and I just love these women. I had a typical Brazilian breakfast this morning of Pao de sal, cream cheese, ham and cheese and some coffee since this is my last breakfast here.
No comments:
Post a Comment