The Belo Horizonte airport is located outside of town where it is very picturesque. I've decided they need to have a meeting about people getting there bags off the luggage belt. If everyone would stand back a few feet, everyone could see their bag coming and then they could move forward to snatch it off the belt while everyone could still see. (maybe they need to hold a Kaizen meeting). This is all airports not just Brazil. I channeled my frustration into helping several women get their heavy bags on their luggage cart. I have a feeling God had my bags in the last batch so I could help them.
I have learned my first two words in Portuguese: Obrigada - thank you, and Bom Gia - good morning. I heard it beginning at immigration through customs and figured out what was being said. By the way, that is not the correct spelling, I'm just writing how they sounded.
Mark and Michelle Hamby and I had wonderful Brazilian food for lunch and then I took a 2 hour nap before we were off to church.
It is an amazing thing to get to worship in Portuguese. As Raul preached, I wore a headset and a young man translated for me. I felt the warmth from this congregation as I was greeted with a kiss and a hug. I wish Americans would adopt this custom. (Okay, for all of you freaking out about the kiss, you place your cheeks next to each other and kiss the air). So, I challenge you to at least try it.
After church, we went to Dona Margherita to have dinner with a huge part of the congregation. It is a pizza place. If you choose the all you can eat option, you don't go to a pizza bar to get your pizza. They walk around with pizza fresh out of the oven and ask you if you would like a slice from the pizza they are carrying. The pizza is thin crust and absolutely delicious!! They have dessert pizza too. I tried 3 different dessert pizzas: coconut, caramel, and chocolate with strawberries on top. They were delicious also. Anna Parsons told me I should try this place if I had the opportunity and she was right. I also tried a drink called H2Oh. It is water that has the taste of sprite. This is the best way I can explain it.
We got home about 11:00 and I crashed about12:00.
1 comment:
dona margherita is my favorite restaurant! so glad you got to go!
Post a Comment