Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last Day in San Francisco

This morning we drove back to San Francisco from Novato. We took the
Cable car from the Hyde Turnaround to the Cable Car Museum to see the
big cables running underground that move the cars up and down the
streets.

We then jumped back on the cable car and went to Union Square where we
walked directly from there to Chinatown since the girls were starving.
We ate at the Far East Cafe. I had Dim Sum and it was delicious.

After lunch, we walked around Chinatown and went into various shops
and then went in search of the Golden Gate Cookie Factory which was
hidden down Ross Alley. It took some backtracking but we found it.
We saw how they fold and put the fortunes in the cookies. We also had
some free samples.

We then went back to Union Square to do a little windowshopping in
stores such as Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc. The weather has been
exceptional for us with bright sunny skies and now we are resting our
legs in the shade of a tree at Union Square.

Kate says "Happy Birthday Aunt Karen!!"

3 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

Thanks, Katie Girl. I am having a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

I hope you took out a loan to pay for all the food you are eating....sounds great!!!!!
(Even the "lougies" are a temptation within the context of all the fun you are having)..

I know you are sad to see it come to an end....I hope your "LAST SUPPER" will be wonderful....

Great pictures!
AJ

GM Fluker said...

I am going to be bored when this trip comes to an end. Have so enjoyed being there with you through this interesting blog and thanks for letting us all in on the fun.
It was a blast.
Have a safe trip home.
Love You,
GM Fluker